Swagbucks. On top of these tasks, Swagbucks reward you for engaging in other activities such as phone recycling, submitting polls, and completing special offers.
How it works
Although it may be bewildering why a company would pay you to do anything online, most companies understand that the average person spends a lot of time online; which may in turn reveal things about their likes, dislikes and personality. Swagbucks pays you to do a variety of things online because they are taking that information to sell to other companies because the info goes a long way in helping companies target certain products to a demography. They also run advertisements throughout their site to earn money to reward users.
By using Swagbucks you can earn virtual money called "Swag Bucks" which you can in turn redeem for a variety of things like gift cards, physical items, paypal money, or even charity. Each Swag Buck is about equivalent to a dollar but this varies from prize to prize. A $5 Amazon gift card would cost 450 Swag Bucks while a $5 paypal gift card would cost 700 Swag Bucks. However their point system is messed up. Generally when you redeem a higher priced gift card it would be equivalent or cheaper. Like a $25 Amazon gift card would cost 2,250 Swag Bucks or lower. However, a $25 Amazon gift card cost 3,150 Swag Bucks so when you cashout, I recommend NOT saving for high prizes.
Once you find a prize you desire in the Swag Store and you have enough points to redeem it, all that is left for you to do is to click Snag This. After which, you must verify your prize by email or entering a security code. If you do not verify your prize, your order becomes canceled and your Swag Bucks are returned to you. Prizes generally take up to 14 business days to arrive and unfortunately it is not instant.
Ways to Earn
- Search Engine: The easiest way to earn is to search for information and other things using their search engine. Supposedly you can earn from 1 - 1,000 Swagbucks from winning but I have rarely saw more than 10 on a regular day. Fridays are Mega Swag Bucks Day (MSBD) which means better odds of winning high value Swag Bucks starting at 20 SB's and up the the 1,000 that they referred to in their FAQ. A tip for this is to bookmark sites you visit everyday. Just search sites that you visit often like Facebook, Gmail, etc on Swagbucks and bookmark the results page. Go to the bookmarked results page everyday instead of going directly to the site and it will research it like you regularly typed it. However, don't search for the same things everyday as it might get you a warning if all you search is Facebook everyday. Otherwise, your account could potentially be disable for what Swagbucks may think is a robotic search program. If you are shown the rules while you are searching it means that you are searching too frequently and you may need to tone it down. Not on par with Google but it can be used to search minor things like definitions and websites.
- Swagbucks Toolbar: You can earn 1 SB daily and it allows you to easily search for things. The toolbar is only available for Firefox, Chrome and IE and the Safari one is coming soon. Additionally, you may at times receive notifications of Swagcodes that you can enter on the homepage of the site.
- Follow the Swagbucks Blog: You can find giveaways and new features at Swagbucks on their blog. On top of this, there is usually at least 1 Swagcode posted here a day and this is the perfect place to find one.
- Print Coupons: On top of being able to save money on things you are going to buy anyways, you can earn 10 Swag Bucks for each coupon you use. However, it takes up to 12 weeks for it to credit into your account.
- Swagbucks TV: Watch 10 videos and you can earn 3 Swag Bucks using Swagbucks TV. You can earn up to 75 points a day from this method. The best way to do this is to multitask and turn on the video while you a watching a tv show, browsing the web or doing homework.
- Daily Poll: Takes 10 seconds to answer the poll and you earn 1 Swag Buck.
- Performing Tasks: Very time consuming and a waste of time. You can earn anywhere from 1-40 Swag Bucks for completing a task.
- Special Offers: There are a some free offers but they generally are time consuming and I would not recommend trial offers as you may forget to cancel the subscription making it a possible waste of money.
- Trusted Surveys: The surveys are generally like other paid surveys instead they pay you in Swag Bucks. Some people may like doing them and others may find it very time consuming. On top of this, while others may be good at them, others may spend several minutes filling out pre-survey questions only to find out they do not qualify. I wouldn't recommend it, but if you enjoy surveys go on right ahead.
- Games: I find the games boring but if you enjoy computer games its worth a shot. You can generally earn more by playing the tournaments but you can also lose since there is usually a fee to play making it a waste of time and money to play the games unless your really good.
- NOSO: Go through the No Obligation Special Offers and you will earn 2 SB's. This generally takes 15-20 seconds just skipping through all the offers.
- Groupon: If you are going to purchase a Groupon offer purchase it through Swagbucks and you can earn 150-300 Swag Bucks for your puchase.
- Trade-In: If you have anything old you want to get rid of, look up the item, print out the shipping label and go to the post office. Once your trade-in is purchased you will be rewarded your Swag Bucks. However, I wouldn't recommend this as you can earn more through selling it yourself most likely through Ebay.
- Social Media: Use Twitter and Facebook to find Swagcodes. You can also use Facebook to find suggestions on what to search. Sometimes I earn double-digit Swag Bucks for searching things recommended by other users on their page. In terms of Twitter you can earn 100 SB's for tweeting the hashtag #Swagbucks or doing Twitter Trivia.
- Referrals: You can earn up to 1,000 matching SB's from your referral's searches.
Tips to Earn 100 SB's a Day (Equivalent to about $25-30 Amazon gift cards a Month)
- Search and get around 10-20 Swag Bucks a day (bookmark frequently visited sites that you searched for using SwagBucks search but don't solely search for this)
- Input Swagcodes when you can for 1-15 Swag Bucks a day.
- Go Through NOSO for 2 Swag Bucks
- Daily Poll for 1 Swag Buck
- Toolbar Daily Use for 1 Swag Buck
- Watch 250 videos for 75 Swag Bucks while multitasking.
Pros and Cons
Swagbucks claim to be the only place you can what you want without spending a dime. Although this is untrue (Superpoints, Viggle, etc...), Swagbucks is great because you can slowly earn doing things that many do everyday. While there search engine is not on par with Google, using it to search definitions, websites or minor info is the perfect way to go. There are many ways to earn and their referral system can allow you to earn 1,000 matching SB's. They also provide a wide variety of prizes from Amazon gift cards to PayPal money.
However, not everything is all rosy with Swagbucks. It can take a while to earn and usually the max you can make is around $25 a month with excessive Swagbucking. There search engine is also not on par with Google's and their ads blend in with the search results which can be at times very annoying. Additionally, it may take up to 14 business days to receive your prize, which is a long time and can be annoying.
All in all, Swagbucks is the perfect thing for you if you spend a lot of your time on the internet. Sure you may not make a lot but you can make small change that you can use to buy little things. However, do not spend all your time just trying to use Swagbucks because that would just be a waste of time and money especially if you do the offers. Just use it whenever you need it like to clip coupons, watch neat videos or search for things and you will earn in no time.